When it comes to unsightly hair, you already know that at DESUAR Spa we have a number of great options to help keep your skin feeling smooth and beautiful. But what you may not know, is that when scheduling a waxing treatment, there are a few key guidelines that will help you make the most out of your visit.
- Don’t schedule a wax around your period. Your skin tends to be more sensitive during this time.
- Take a warm, relaxing bath to help open and soften the pores.
- Plan ahead for any discomfort by taking a pain reliever about an hour before your service is set to begin.
- Don’t shave for about 2 weeks beforehand so that hair is about as long as an eyelash, or a quarter inch long.
- Do NOT apply any moisturizer before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are waxing for a special occasion, make sure to book your treatment three days prior to the event.
- Do NOT have sex, sweat, or exercise for at least 72 hours after your treatment.
- Use hydrocortisone or witch hazel to help relieve irritation and reduce redness. Do NOT use any products containing retinoids.
- Avoid tanning and wearing tight clothes so as not to further irritate the skin post-treatment.
- Do NOT touch the area or apply heavy creams. Allow the skin to stay clean and dry to avoid the spread of bacteria.
- Exfoliate 2-3 days after your treatment to reduce the chance of ingrown hairs.
Once you have your waxing routine set, these simple guidelines will be like second nature. We promise, you’ll never want to go back to that pesky razor ever again.